Monday, May 6, 2013

The Stupid. It Burns.

I worked as a volunteer intern for a state senator in Michigan one year. I learned there several important lessons, such as: Senators have no life outside of politics; yes, politicians are humans and just as prone to stupidity as everyone else (which leads to my final point); never drink a flaming shot.

I was in the Senator's office licking envelopes whilst learning about the law making process when I heard outside the door in the reception area, this conversation.

Secretary: Hi Matt... Oh my G--! What happened to your beard. (I'm not sure what Matt's position was)

Matt: Oh, I set my face on fire Saturday night.

Secretary: What?! How did that happen?

Matt: Well, I was with the fire marshal after a meeting and we went to the bar for a drink. I think I must have had a little too much, but I wanted to try a flaming shot. Tim didn't tell me I was supposed to blow it out first, and it set my beard on fire.

Secretary: Oh my G--! What did Tim do?

Matt: He just laughed.

Secretary: No way! Drunken b------d.

Matt: Yeah, and the bartender really freaked out. She was new and all, and didn't know what to do. I had to put it out myself.

lifted from: Fark.com
Secretary: Well, you look good for having set your face on fire.

Matt: I was red Sunday morning, but it's pretty much stopped hurting since then.

I was trying so hard not to laugh or be unprofessional. It is an interesting moment when you discover that the people we elect to office prove to be as stupid prone as everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment