Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Gun I Want

Lifted from: This Website
After I get the NRA membership, the proper training, and a good gun safe, the following is the kind of defense weapon I want:

I want something fairly easy to conceal, but with a large enough caliber to bring an attacker down without requiring a precision shot between the eyes. I want that person to know I didn't miss. If that means he gets a hole the size of a grapefruit ripped through his body for threatening myself or my children, so be it. In a high adrenaline situation, I'm not going to count on my ability to aim well enough to hit his heart with a small caliber round.

My gun will also need to be well balanced. It should feel comfortable and useful in my hands, otherwise I may be hesitant to take it to the range on weekends to practice.

My gun will be easy to disassemble,  clean, and reassemble. I do not want my gun seizing up, or worse, exploding in my face because I didn't clean it properly, or got something out of place.

This is a rather ugly thought process, and I pray I never find myself in a situation where I need to take a human life. If anything I hope the sight of my gun would be enough to drive away any assailant, which leads to another factor, intimidation. As much as I admire beautiful weaponry (would love a collection of antiques), I don't want some desperate criminal to think because my gun is pink, that I'm afraid to use it. Let my gun be shock inspiring to look upon.

Worst case scenario: Kill or be killed.
Best and most likely outcome: Criminal runs away like a little girl at the sight of my .357 Magnum.

No comments:

Post a Comment