Tuesday, September 10, 2013

About 9/11

Dear NSA, Facebook Friends, Family, and anyone else reading this blog,

Please don't misunderstand me. The events of 9/11 (I still can't call it by the name on the calendar) are very important and must be remembered. However, I won't celebrate it as a holiday, or post pictures about it, or make patriotic quotes to commemorate the attacks on our soil and the several thousand Americans that died that day. The memory still hurts and I'm not ready to relive it at this time.

Tomorrow, I will not be on Facebook, personally; and will most likely be avoiding news websites this week and next.

Make no mistake. I will be teaching my kids about 9/11 one day. I'll show them the footage and give the stats, and let them know just how I felt that day; but living it all over again by looking at the same old pictures and reports plastered all over the internet is not the way I choose to commemorate 9/11.

When I come back to my Facebook page this weekend, if I find FB friends that are excessively posting and sharing 9/11 pictures, quotes, and reports, those friends are the ones most likely to be blocked or unfriended at that time. It's not that I don't like you, it's that I'd rather focus on better things.

Respectfully Yours, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment