Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year's Resolution: Become a Better Me



Credit: "Calvin and Hobbes" Bill Watterson
My resolution this year is to become a better version of myself. I'm tired of feeling regret and the nagging and irrational self doubt I suffer. I can become better and I have a plan to do so. The following is a list of twenty changes I want to make in my life over the next year:

1. Go to bed six nights a week by nine at night, and wake at four in the morning. If I can change that one bad habit, of staying up late and oversleeping, I know I can change any aspect of my life.

2. Set high and achievable goals and persevere until they have been accomplished.

3. Write my goals down.

4. Maintain a to do list.

5. Focus on one goal at a time.

6. Eat healthier.

7. Exercise four to five days a week.

8. Listen to audio-books and talks every day, especially while I am crocheting or doing chores around the house.

9. Rediscover my love for reading (I know I love reading, but I need make it a priority).

10. Read 30 minutes a day, non-fiction.

11. Stay curious and pursue learning for the love of it.

12. Watch less tv.

13. Continue to avoid watching reality tv (OK, not technically a change, but a good reminder).

14. Do all I can to help my son, Colin, become a proficient reader and skillful in mathematics.

15. Encourage my children to be helpful and compassionate.

16. Teach my children good habits.

17. Make birthday calls.

18. Make friends with positive, optimistic people.

19. Eliminate negativity and delusions of failure from my life.

20. Believe that the good habits I make will lead to good fortune, health, happiness, and prosperity.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment